Wednesday, June 27, 2012

The Problem with Facebook

Photo Credit
Facebook.

Unless you live under a rock, you either know what it is or actively have an account.

Both my late husband and I had a Facebook account.  I've continued using Facebook since his death, but now I face a dilemma.  My account still says married...and while I still feel married...in reality, I am not.  If I change my status to widow, I lose access to my late husband's account.

Facebook does offer the option of turning my late husband's page into a "In Memory Of..." page, but they don't offer to option of me being listed as his widow.

And so...my page still says "married to"... and it will until Facebook comes up with a solution that meets my need to stay connected to my late husband's page.

It's one of those things I just can't let go of...

27
Cyna


1 comment:

Unknown said...

And you shouldn't! I'm surprised Facebook doesn't have that option. It must be in the works soon. It only makes sense. Thinking of you often! Love you Mrs. Cindy!