Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012

The year is coming to a close.  My late husband, Steve, was always big on us making goals for the new year.  He didn't believe in resolutions.  He liked firm measurable goals with a deadline.  I always choked out a few, but my heart was never in it.  He was the visionary.  I really liked that about him, but I could never be that forward thinking.

Now, I am the solo captain of my ship.  I can't depend on Steve to light the way for our future.  I have to make those decisions.  And I'll be honest, I don't want to make them.

However, I've given some thought to some goals, big and small...well, mostly small, and this is what I would like to accomplish this year:


  1. Every day spend 15 minutes de-cluttering my house.  (Yes, I believe I am just one box load of junk away from an episode of hoarders.)
  2. Do some sort of vigorous exercise three times a week.
  3. Sell my house in Tuscaloosa and purchase a town home for myself with the proceeds.
  4. Continue my ballroom dancing lessons and continue to try to find a partner (just a dance partner...please don't read more into this!)
  5. Take one exotic trip before the end of the year.


Five goals. That's about all I can handle.  But it's enough.  I hope Steve Would be proud of me.

Happy New Year, everyone.  May 2012 bring blessings to you all.

27
Cyna

No comments: