Saturday, September 10, 2011

Photos

I realized today that I’ve been avoiding taking pictures.  In the past I was a total shutterbug…always the one behind the lens, capturing all the moments of life.  It’s almost as if I’m not there, because I’m missing from all the photos. 

After taking the photos I took great pride using my digital art skills manipulating the photos and creating desktops and scrapbook pages.  I have an entire external hard drive full of them.  And the frames full of those photos...too many to mention.

But I don’t take photos any more.  I don’t do digital art.  I don’t frame things.
My view through the lens is incomplete.
Steve is missing.
And I can’t imagine a photo without him.

27
Cyna

1 comment:

Jessica Hanson said...

He would want to see you smile and be happy for him. He always had a smile on his face and made others smile/ laugh. I'm sure you MOST of all. Please take a picture of your beautiful, smiling face in honor of him occasionally, if for nothing else. I love this blog regardless though and your thoughts/ recollections always. I love photography memories as well so as a shutterbug I related. If I go through something horrible I try to take pictures to document everything EVEN in pain. I even took a private photo shoot of my adult chicken pox as a "monstrous diary" at 21 years of age, so I'd never forget blah. My grandmother that passed away my senior year in high school also loved taking pictures. They say I take after her with my "Japanese tourist" chronic photo-shooting. :D