Monday, March 28, 2011

Responsibility


This new responsibility of being thrust into the world of solitary decision making is daunting and sometimes terrifying...but I am doing it, not always well, but I'm trying. I would prefer to bounce all these thoughts, necessary choices and responsibilities off on Steve, but I can't. So as I forge ahead with my life alone, I am finding these mountains that I am climbing difficult; but in someways, I am getting better at them. I am learning to trust myself and the belief that I can make these decisons alone....that I know what is right for my family. 

I have way too much on my plate.  My garage door opener is on the fritz, the back door has lost it's bottom seal,  the dishwasher is on it's last leg, my mailbox resembles the Leaning Tower of Piza, I need new tires, and I have a property that needs to be cleared, cleaned, repaired, and sold. Then there is the Mount Everest task...the sale of my late husband's business. I've got all these things to tackle and to say that I am overwhelmed is to call a severed artery a paper cut.  So, I'll prioritize the list, take them one at a time...and get them done.  

It's hard to believe that "if it's to be, its up to me."  But I'm stronger than I think....so I press on.  "....But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
Phil 3:13-14

27
Cyna

No comments: