Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Life Isn't Fair

Our heads know life isn't fair.  Unfortunately, our hearts still hold out hope that if we do the right things, are kind to people, and give more than we take that life will give us a "Get Out of Suffering Free" card.  Oh, how our hearts deceive us!

Sometimes...life is VERY unfair.
VERY, VERY unfair.
And when you're routinely knocked to your knees with a giant punch from the universe, it's hard to see past your pain and recognize the headache in others.

I am very ashamed to admit that I've let someone down who is going through a really tough situation in their life.

I've been so preoccupied with my own worries and anxieties and pain that I've failed to give this person the support they need.

Grief has made me selfish.  I've never been selfish before.  This realization disturbs me.

I must do better for those I love.
I will do better for those I love.

27
Cyna


No comments: