Friday, July 6, 2012

Second Angelversary



“There is a sacredness in tears. They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition and of unspeakable love.”  
Washington Irving~


Yesterday was the second anniversary of Steve's death.  There was an outpouring of love from my friends and family.  A friend kept me occupied all day so that I would not lay in my bed and feel sorry for myself.  She and I reminisced about Steve...laughed over the funny things he would do and say.  We talked about what we missed most about him.  It was a positive remembrance.  I was able to remember Steve with joy instead of tears.  

 

The longer Steve is gone, the more I am able to focus on all the great memories we made together.  Our life together wasn't perfect, but it was imperfectly perfect for us.  I was so blessed for the time I had with him.  I am choosing to remember his life rather than his death...his accomplishments...his quirky sense of humor...his generosity...his eternal optimism...his passion for life...his love for his family...his devotion to me...his unshakable faith.





This would be how Steve would want to be remembered.
And I honored him on his angelversary by doing exactly that.

27
Cyna

No comments: