Saturday, July 21, 2012

Courage to Start All Over Again

“For what it’s worth: it’s never too late or, in my case, too early to be whoever you want to be. There’s no time limit, stop whenever you want. You can change or stay the same, there are no rules to this thing. We can make the best or the worst of it. I hope you make the best of it. And I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you never felt before. I hope you meet people with a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of. If you find that you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.” 
Eric RothThe Curious Case of Benjamin Button screenplay ~


For two years I have lived in limbo land...trying to live my old life without Steve.  Well, to a rational person, this idea was a fantasy that could not be a reality.  I now know it was fantasy...it just took me a long time to figure that out.  The reality is that I had to give up many fascists of my old life and make the best of the life I have now.

See the reality sign
that says SOLD?
So, I made (or tried to make) some positive changes in my life that took me way out of my comfort zone.  To my great disappointment, one didn't work out for me.  But the other, not only worked out...it was a slam dunk.  

I bought a new house.
Well, make that a town house.
I closed on it Friday.
I'm leaving my adult sons behind in the family home and moving on (or moving on up...to the east side).

Since I am in no rush to move, I'm going to do it a room at a time.  And, the old family home is getting the great enema...a purge of all the flotsam and jetsam that has drifted its way into every nook and cranny of our house over the 26 years we've lived there. I am going to toss the stuff without 
value and donate the rest. The Rivers of Living Water
Thrift Store is going to LOVE me!!!!

This move is my first step in starting all over again.
It's a giant leap for me, but I'm jumping without fear.
And that, my friends, makes me proud of myself.

27
Cyna




No comments: