Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Light on a Dark Path

Photo Credit

Writing this blog is my therapy.  I could keep it in a journal for my eyes only, but I don't.  I lay my hurt, fears, pain, anger, and other assorted unsavory emotions out there for the world to see.  

Some have questioned why I continued to write.
Yes, my husband has been gone two years. 
The thing is...I will always grieve.

Photo Credit







When I write about my grief, I’m not begging for pity or trying to get attention. I’m mostly sharing because you or someone you care about is going to lose someone they love in the near future. And when you/they do, the feelings will be just as grueling, unfathomable and misunderstood as the ones I've experienced. Grief has so many manifestations and there is no sorting out its complexities.  

But if my writings have given you any gift…I hope my honesty will help you or help you help someone you care about create light on this dark path of grief.

27
Cyna

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just remember - anyone who is questioning why you still write, doesn't understand grief. It has been 5 years since my husband died, and I keep coming to read your wise words. Don't stop writing - it helps you and others.