Monday, January 30, 2012

MOVE

I've really been in a low place the last few weeks.  There's nothing like the bottom of a pit to bring you to your knees.  And for me, that where I needed to be.  You see, I've been leaving God out of my healing equation.  I've been slack in my daily time with Him and my meditation on His Word.

Yesterday, my daily devotion from Luke reminded me ONE thing is needful in my life - to sit at the feet of Jesus and hear His word.  Everything else is a distraction that pulls me away from this base need.

On my way to work today, I heard a song by Mercy Me entitled "Move."  I think those words were written for me.  Take the time to view the video below.



My devotion tonight confirmed the words of the song to be true.  In Romans 8:18 Paul says, "I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

In my last post, I wrote about closed doors, but God is telling me to look joyfully, expectantly forward, despite the fact I have closed doors in my life.  I cannot conceive of a happiness so deep, a pleasure so complete, a glory so glorious that my grief here is swallowed up by it. I just have to believe it.  

God, I'm trying.
Be patient with me...I'm a slow learner.

27
Cyna

No comments: