Thursday, June 21, 2012

Lessons from a Wise Man

My youngest son lost a mentor and friend this last week.  Due to his age, a ripe old 92, and declining health, his passing was not unexpected, however the loss still had an impact on my child.

Photo Credit
My son, Lee, attended a university 5 hours away from home.  His roommate and his family have become near and dear to him.  They have unofficially adopted him into their clan.  They have provided love, wisdom, intervention, and hope for my child.  I can say, without a doubt, that not only would my son not have graduated without their support, he would not have survived his father's death without them.

Lee's roommate's grandfather took a special interest in him...especially after my husband's death.  Lee needed a man guiding his life...someone close, impartial, wise.  My father has been gone 17 years...I have no brothers.  "Granddaddy" Callary filled that gap.  And I will be eternally grateful for the difference he made in Lee's life.

It is no coincidence that God placed Lee at the university he attended...nor was it a coincidence that he placed him with the perfect roommate...who had a family with love enough to go around to adopt a another son & grandson.

God is good all the time.

27
Cyna

No comments: