Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Change of Scenery


There is something healing about a change of scenery.  I have chosen the surf, sun, and sand for this week.  I am here with good friends, most of whom have been through a trial in the near past.  We're calling this the Wounded Warriors Tour II.  (We went on a different trip in January.)  Last night was particularly cathartic.  Yes, there were tears, but we were able to cry and support and talk about our wounds and worries.  Bottling up emotions is always, in the end, damaging.  There is something liberating about taking off your mask and revealing all your scars. I awoke this morning refreshed and revitalized.

I am learning (slowly) how important it is to take care of myself....to take time away from all the chaos of my life and retreat to a place to recharge my batteries.  Getting away from my "nest" with a gaggle of gal pals has brought a glow back to my life.  For this I am so thankful.

27
Cyna

No comments: