Friday, April 8, 2011

I'll Always Be With You

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.  But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...I'll always be with you."  Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

A sweet, sweet friend sent this clip to me today and said, "When I think about you, I always think about this." It's been years since I read Winnie the Pooh and I don't think I've ever seen the movie.  But that line....that line moved me.  It moved me in ways I can't explain.  It was almost as if Steve were speaking directly to me. 

Steve always told me that I was my worst critic and that I was consistently too hard on myself.  He was a brillant man, so I never felt I measured up to him.  However, he told me many times that I was so much smarter than he was.  Recently, one of Steve's dearest friends sent me a Facebook message and shared something remarkable with me.  Steve told him some time ago that I was "the rock of the family...we pull our strength from her. She gets this from her mother, but she is much stronger than her mother."  I have never felt strong...but I was bolstered by those words.  Maybe I am stronger than I think or seem.

I do believe I have courage...but it’s definitely borrowed.  Any courage I have comes from God Himself.  Jesus said in John 16:33, "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."  If Jesus can overcome the world....He certainly can handle all I am going through and help ME overcome my tribulation.

27
Cyna

2 comments:

A Myeloma Widow's Journey said...

What a wonderful post, Cyna. My son is 34, so it's been a long time since I read Winnie the Pooh but this is just perfect. I can hear my Vern saying those words to me, too. Thank you for sharing this.

And I also believe that God is helping me get through this rough patch of finding my way after losing my husband in September 2010.

Jenni said...

Thank you so much for posting the Winnie the Pooh video...I too felt as though it was my husband speaking to me. My nickname for him was Bee..... He died in December 2010. We had lived in the Middle East for the past three years and I had made a huge group of girlfriends there. They were my rock as I packed up our life out there - had to leave the country as my visa was cancelled. I have a few girlfriends back here in UK, but nothing like the group I had out there - I do miss them so. My Bee also recognised the need for me to have girl friends and always encouraged me to go out with them. Anyway, thanks for posting the video - it helped me so much when I awoke at 5am and headed straight for the computer for some kind of comfort. Jenni xxx