Monday, April 4, 2011

Hope


"But I will hope continually, and will praise You yet more and more." Psalm 71:14

Hope.  Such a little word....only four letters...one syllable.  Oh, but the great power of hope can not be measured.  George Iles said,“Hope is faith holding out its hand in the dark.”  I've had my hand out in the dark for many long months.  Today, I see a ray of light on one of the dark paths I am traveling.

Because everything has come crashing down on me the last few weeks, I have let dispair creep into my heart and mind.  However, I never completely let go of hope. And today, something remarkable happened.  Out of this chaos, little pieces are beginning to fall into place. Granted, it's only a small corner of the puzzle, but it's a start....and positive one. 

One day I hope to see it ALL come together...that what I have prayed fervently for has finally come to be.  But right now, I'm just thanking God for this small vision of what could be. Won't it be grand to look back and see what has passed and know that the fingerprints of God were all over it?  Oscar Wilde said, "What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise."  I think, in this circumstance, Mr. Wilde was dead on.

27
Cyna

No comments: