Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Overwhelmed

What do you do when life throws you curve balls and you know that you need to hit, but miss every time?  What do you do when you need to make a decision and there are no good choices?  What do you do when fighting for what's right, may make everything wrong?

I am spent.  
I can not continue without resolution.
Oh, Lord, my God, I need You.  
I am overwhelmed.

David often used the word "overwhelmed" in the Psalms.  One verse comes to mind, Psalms 61:1,2, "Hear my cry, O God; attend unto my prayer.  From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed:  lead me to the rock that is higher than I."

God, pull me up on the rock. I am drowning.

27
Cyna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how you have continued to touch my life, not only in your classroom but now. I have the Bible verse from this blog post posted in my room for inspiration from the true source of life...God. You will never know the impact you have on all of the lives you encounter. I simply want to say thank you, for everything.
- Emily Carden

Miss. Him said...

Cyna,
You are not alone in your plea. I am in a dark place myself. I am confused. I am scared. I am angry! Thank you for the Bible verse. I am going to write it down and keep it close. Praying for you today too!