Saturday, May 28, 2011

Perfect Timing


Waiting is one of the most difficult things for me to do.  I tend to fret, fume, or fall apart. It seems like the more I want something, the harder it is to wait - and, I must confess, I even get impatient with God!

God has perfect timing. He is never late. He is never early. He is never in a hurry. He is always on time. On His time. This has never been true for me than what has transpired over the last seven days.   A year of fervent prayer has blossomed into a beautiful display of God's grace and mercy.  

God's timing is different than my own.  He sees things from a different perspective and sees the whole picture, not just what I want, but what is best for me in the grand plan for my life.  All is part of a divine order and will be done in its own right and proper time.  Of course, when I am hoping, praying and waiting for something, it's easy to forget this.

There are many stories of “waiting” in the Bible.  In some stories, the waiting seemed to last forever, while others only waited a few intense moments.  But what I have learned from these stories is that the key to waiting is not the length of time but how to handle the wait.  

I think my waiting days for an answer from God are over.  While they didn't turn out as I had expected, they turned out better than I could have imagined.  I am so glad that God knows best. 

One of my favorite verses from the Bible is Romans 8:28: “We know that all things work together for good for those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.”  I praise You, Lord, for working this out and thank You for keeping me from making rash decisions when I became impatient for your solutions.

God is good, all the time.  All the time, God is good.

27
Cyna

1 comment:

Elizabeth Herr said...

Hi Cyna,

Just 'found' your blog as I was looking for an image to use for my blog entry on God's timing being different to ours :) I'm 'borrowing' your picture with a link to your website. Please let me know if you'd like me to remove it form my website.

I enjoyed your post - thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Blessings to you,

Blessings,